How SimsHost is Different from Existing Pay Sites
The key differences between SimsHost and the existing pay sites are:
- It keeps all Sims sites on line.
The only sites we would need to lose are these operated by
simsmasters who are philosophically opposed to asking users
to pay for the server resources they are using.
- User costs are lower. That happens because the overhead costs
of operating a pay site are shared by all the sites.
- Users only have one payment for all the sites hosted by
SimsHost, and the subscription fee does not increases as
more sites are added.
- The fee for downloading means your costs are proportional
to the server resources you are consuming.
- Scalability means that SimsHost can keep the server
response very fast. Users and webmasters won't need to
suffer with overloaded servers.
It's scalable so that it can grow in proportion to the demand
for server resources.
- With lots of sites, somebody will be updating all the time
so simsmasters won't feel an obligation to update just for
the sake of updating and there should always be new goodies
for users to download.
- Paying part of the download fees to the Sims sites encourages
excellence in their artistry because it's the good stuff that
gets downloaded more.
- No Sims site will be driven to close its doors by web hosting
costs, ever. We become invulnerable to high disk space and
bandwidth consumption even if the Sims community continues to
- It accommodates small sites which could not reasonably afford
the overhead costs of setting up a pay site to cover their
- SimsHost itself is not a Sims site. It's a hosting service.
- Simsmasters don't need to search the web for the best server
deal available to them.
- The web hosting service doesn't need to worry about hosting
sites that can't afford to pay their bills.
- If a simsmaster gets bored or busy, he doesn't need to take
his stuff off line; he can leave it right where it is for
people to enjoy for years to come.
- SimsHost is brought to you by the same folks who do Moon Sims.
We like to think that we have demonstrated our ability to
to host a multitude of Sims sites, both large and small, and
keep the server responsive and reliable.
- SimsHost is not on line yet, while the existing pay sites are
happily crunching away and seem to be doing fine.
That's about it. Did I overlook something?
Return to SimsHost Description
Brought to you by
ARTEMIS SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL
The Moon Sims
The Artemis Society's
virtual lunar city
Visitors are welcome!