Artemis '95 Conference
All members and friends of the Artemis Society are cordially invited to
descend on Huntsville, Alabama,
the birthplace of manned space flight, to plan and prepare for the next era of
- 20-23 July, 1995
- The Huntsville Marriott
5 Tranquility Base
- There won't be much of a formal agenda. This is a informal workshop, where
everyone will have a chance to have face-to-face conversations, debates,
brainstorming sessions, and technical discussions. An important part of this
get-together is to give the faceless online participants a chance to meet each
other in person. We'll probably consume a lot of food and beverages, and
generally have a good time getting to know each other and plotting the future of
the space industry. The agenda is open-ended, but here is a preliminary look at
what is planned:
- Artemis Project Overview Briefing
- Reports from Artemis Society local groups
- Briefings by Artemis Society Members about their work
- Update on Artemis Magazine
- Brainstorming the Artemis fictional universe
- Brainstorming Business Ideas (open discussion)
- How to Get the Business Started (open discussion)
- Technical discussions on vehicle and habitat design
- SPACEHAB Overview Briefing
- Things You Can Do to Help Make It Happen
- An RTC (real-time conference) on GEnie
- The Marriott is adjacent to the US Space and Rocket Center, arguably the best
space museum in the country, with lots of real hardware, a guided tour of Marshall Space Flight Center, an IMAX
theater and a couple of gift shops. Co-located with the Space and Rocket Center
and the Marriott is US Space Camp, with both adult and children's programs.
Marshall Space Flight Center is NASA's propulsion shop, and we still do rocket
testing. For those interested in specific areas of the Center, more in-depth
tours can be arranged. We have a map of the area
around the hotel online.
- We are now officially in the Marriott reservations system. The toll free
phone number is: (800) 228-9290. Mention the Artemis Society or Lunar Resources
for the conference rate of $69/night. For those on a tight budget who may be
looking for ways to reduce costs, we have a solution. Peter Kokh is serving as
roommate and carpool coordinator. Those of you looking for roommates, those
driving who would like to split transportation costs and those looking for rides
should contact him. He can be contacted at the following:
1630 N. 32nd Street
Milwaukee WI 53208-2040
414-342-0705 pms, weekends
Of course, the best way to arrange a carpool and roommate for Artemis '95
is to recruit your friends and bring them along!!
- To aid in planning for Artemis '95, participants are asked to
register in advance, if possible. Participants are asked to contribute $30 to
help pay for meeting facilities at the Marriott.
Registration is available online. For more
registration information, or to make comments and suggestions, please
12106 Carriage Ct. #C
Huntsville, AL 35803
(205) 881-8406 (before 10pm Central Time)
See you there!!!
Copyright © 2004 Artemis Society International, for the
contributors. All rights reserved.
This web site contains many trade names and copyrighted articles and images.
ASI Web Team
Submit update to this page.
Maintained with WebSite Director.
Updated Tue, Jun 16, 1998.